The Truth about Spay - Neuter
Wednesday, November 14, 2018
Did You Know?
- Spaying your female pet helps prevent uterine infections and breast tumors. Spaying your pet before her first heat offers the best protection from these diseases.
- Neutering your male pet prevents testicular cancer and some prostate problems.
- Your spayed female pet won't go into heat. While in heat cats will yowl and urinate more frequently, sometimes all over the house!
- Your male dog will be less likely to roam away from home. An intact male will do just about anything to find a mate.
- Your neutered male may be better behaved. Unneutered dogs and cats are more likely to mark their territory by spraying strong-smelling urine all over the house.
- Your dog will be less likely to have aggression issues, mount other dogs, people, and inanimate objects after he’s neutered.
Low Cost Spay & Neuter Clinics
- Pet Pal Clinic
1900 34th St S, St. Petersburg, FL
4403 62nd Ave N., St. Petersburg, FL
- Operation: SNIP
13489 Walsingham Rd, Largo, FL
- Humane Society of Pinellas
3040 State Road 590, Clearwater, FL