There are plenty of ways for you to support the lifesaving work of Friends of Strays!
- Volunteer! Volunteers are the heart of Friends of Strays! Without their time, talents, and resources we would not be able to save the lives of thousands of animals each year. Whether you have a free day on the weekend or an occasional hour after work, there is a place for you here. Join us today to help change an animal’s life forever.
- Donate! When you give to us, you become a partner in saving lives, reducing suffering, and creating a more compassionate world for animals and for the people who love them. Make a gift and create a better world for pets and people.
- Foster! There is no more personal way to help animals than by becoming a foster parent. Opening your home to a cat or dog from Friends of Strays means you have the opportunity to increase the quality of life for a homeless pet and open much-needed cage space so that we can rescue another animal. Become a cat or dog foster superhero here.
- Adopt! Take home a homeless pet and give them a second chance! Adopters are invited to our shelter to work with one of our Adoption Counselors to find the best match. While you may have your mind set on one of the animals in our database, we encourage all adopters to keep an open mind when they visit the shelter. Many people find that an animal picks them! View all of our available animals here.
- Events! We participate in dozens of community events throughout the year. Drag Queen Bingo, Yappy Hour, brewery gatherings, our annual gala - Wags & Whiskers - no matter your interests, there’s something for you! We’d love for you to come out, say hello, and show your support! Check out our upcoming events and sponsorship opportunities here.
- Advocate! Help us spread the word! Do you support our mission? Tell your friends and family about us! Through our outreach, advocacy, and social service we strive to ensure that homeless pets get their second chance and that animal companionship is accessible to all.