Free TNVR Day
Thursday, February 25, 2021
Location: Friends of Strays Animal Shelter
In celebration of World Spay Day, Friends of Strays is offering free TNVR services!
What is TNVR? Trap-Neuter-Vaccinate-Return is the internationally proven practice of humanely trapping, spaying/neutering, vaccinating, then returning (to their colonies) feral or free roaming community cats. Successful TNVR involves a volunteer colony caretaker who provides food and adequate shelter, and monitors the cats’ health. TNVR has been shown to be the least costly, most efficient and most humane way to stabilize cat populations.
TNVR services include:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- 3-year Rabies vaccine
- FVRCP Vaccine
- Basic deworming
- Ear tip (the international symbol that a cat has been sterilized and vaccinated)
Limited space is available and appointments are required at least 48 hours in advance. Please email [email protected] or call 727-522-6566 ext 101 to secure your place.
Other important information:
- Cats must be dropped off at Friends of Strays Animal Shelter between 8-8:30am.
- Cats must be in traps. No exceptions. No carriers, crates, boxes, etc. Even friendly cats must be in traps. Approved traps include Tru Catch, Havahart, and Tomahawk humane traps. Cats that are not in traps will NOT be accepted for surgery.
- Traps may be rented in advance from Friends of Strays. We require a $75 deposit per trap, which will be refunded when the trap is returned to us. They are available for pickup 7 days per week from 8am-6pm. Advance notice is not needed.
- Pick-up times will be between 3-5:30pm on the same day of surgery.
- If you would like any additional services (ie flea prevention, microchip, etc), please contact our medical staff prior to the appointment, or at time of drop off.