Full Time Animal Care & Enrichment Specialist
Monday, October 16, 2023
Applications are currently being accepted.
Friends of Strays Animal Shelter is St. Petersburg’s oldest no kill animal shelter. Founded in 1978, our top priority is to connect animals in need of rescue with people who will love them. With thousands of cats and dogs entering our shelter every year, Friends of Strays’ staff and volunteers provide the utmost love and care for every animal that comes through our doors.
If you have a passion for animals, and want to be a part of a dedicated, hardworking team, a career at Friends of Strays could be right for you! You can make a real difference for homeless animals.
As an Animal Care and Enrichment Specialist, you will be required to follow standard procedures and policies for routine animal care and other related duties. You will work closely with the medical and adoptions teams as well as shelter volunteers to ensure a healthy, enjoyable and stress-free environment for all of the animals in our care. Some of the basic duties are as follows:
- Cleaning and disinfecting of kennels, runs, cages, and crates according to established procedures
- Performing laundry services for animal bedding and toys
- Feeding animals their proper diet
- Seeing to the comfort of all animals in the shelter
- Reporting animal illness and/or injury according to established procedures
- Assist volunteers and customers to the best of your ability or redirect to the appropriate staff
- Ensure daily enrichment items/activities are provided to shelter animals ·
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years experience in customer service or animal care position-preferred
- Animal handling experience- preferred
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
Reliability & Consistency are a must. As a nonprofit shelter, we are a tight knit organization with limited staff and rely on each employee to be present when they are scheduled. With that being said, hard work & accountability are routinely recognized and celebrated.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saint Petersburg, FL 33714: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Animal care: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.