Full Time Adoption Counselor
Tuesday, June 25, 2019
Friends of Strays Animal Shelter currently has an opening for a full-time Adoption Counselor
The Adoption Counselor is responsible for using Friends of
Job Requirements/Skills/Physical Demands
An employee in this position must have a strong desire to care for animals, be able to lift approximately 50 pounds, walk dogs of up to 130 pounds, work on feet all day, and read and understand English.
This position reports to the Shelter Director.
• Converse with potential adopters to match them with the appropriate pet.
• Obtain knowledge of our shelter pets and their personality traits and preferences. Able to confidently go over medical history with adopters.
• Explain our adoption policies to the public and review potential applicants.
• Using strong customer service skills to approve or deny adopters.
• Assist with animal intakes.
• Transport animals as necessary.
Other duties may include:
• Assist Animal Care with cleaning and caring for the animals.
• Assist with events on and
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Experience handling/holding dogs
• Experience handling/holding cats
• Valid Florida Drivers’ License
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. No phone calls or walk-ins