Tuesday, December 28, 2021
Are you passionate about animals and looking to turn your passion into a career? Consider joining the team at Friends of Strays, St. Petersburg's first no-kill animal shelter. Since 1978, we have been a resource for our community and now is your opportunity to join a fun, hard-working team and build a rewarding career as our organization's first Intake Coordinator. Apply today with your resume and cover letter for consideration.
The Intake and Transfer Coordinator will coordinate the intake of all animals into the shelter. They will assess each pet for adoption to ensure a happy and healthy environment for all pets in our care. They will coordinate with other shelters and rescue groups to transfer pets in and out of our facility.
- Coordinate the transfer of dogs and cats from rescue and shelter partners, as space and resources allow.
- Accept stray cats from the public, as space and resources allow.
- Accept owner surrenders from the public according to FOS mission and humane capacity.
- Evaluate the health and temperament of incoming pets to ensure a healthy and happy shelter environment.
- Work with the medical team to ensure the animals are not waiting a long period of time for treatments or surgery.
- Coordinate with the Foster Manager for pets who need foster.
- Help care for incoming pets by cleaning, feeding, and providing enrichment.
- Transport pets to and from pick up/drop off locations, rescue groups and shelter partners.
- Assist in all aspects of the shelter when asked.
- High school diploma or GED
- Hands-on experience with animals preferred but not required
- Knowledge of canine and feline body language
- Ability to follow Friends of Strays processes and protocols.
- Experience with data entry and Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn shelter software for appropriate documentation and record keeping
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, good organization and follow-through skills
- Ability to work independently but also be a team player, working well with others
- Patient and professional in dealing with customers, co-workers and volunteers
- Commitment to and representation of the Friends of Strays mission
- The schedule for this position includes weekday, weekend, and holiday hours
- Hours and days are subject to change based on department needs
- Healthy, friendly pets available for adoption
- Live release rate of 95% or more
- Appropriate capacity maintaned
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour