Thursday, September 9, 2021
The receptionist is responsible for greeting visitors and delivering exceptional customer service assistance. This entails answering calls and fielding them accordingly, addressing visitor questions and needs, and providing an overall welcoming environment while performing ad hoc administrative duties as needed.
The receptionist shall perform job duties in a positive, helpful manner, assisting the public in all aspects of shelter programs. Share information to enhance the public’s knowledge of animal welfare as well as their knowledge of Friends of Strays mission and programs. The receptionist must demonstrate, mentor, and reinforce Friends of Strays values, principles, and mission-driven culture.
Works directly with Office Manager, CEO, shelter leadership team, shelter staff and volunteers. Will build relationships with adopters, donors, volunteers and community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Answer incoming calls from the public and assist customers with specific inquiries.
- Reply to customer inquiries in a courteous, efficient and professional manner, providing a high level of personalized customer service.
- Handle monetary transactions and follow proper receipt protocol.
- Respond to all email requests and voicemails in a timely manner.
- Input data and maintain accuracy.
- Assist in daily cleaning and maintenance of office/lobby/restroom areas.
- Communicate current status on projects given by management.
- Set and meet essential established deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong customer relations skills.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, problem solve, and coordinate daily activities.
- Ability to interpret statistical reports and financial information.
- Possesses interpersonal skills, ability to interface with customers and their families.
- Computer literate and skilled in Word and Excel required.
- Maintain a positive attitude in all interactions with adopters, volunteers, pets and other teammates.
- Demonstrate ability to show empathy toward clients and treat pets with compassion and respect.
- Treats all visitors and animals humanely, properly, and with compassion at all times, regardless of the situation or circumstance and promoting a humane and caring attitude toward all.
- Responsible for communicating on a regular basis with colleagues in other departments.
- Performs related duties as assigned, including helping at special events.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 per hour